Get Inspiration for your Next Heating & Cooling Systems Project
Want to live more comfortably with heating in the winter and air conditioning in the summer? Let Trusted Home Contractors HVAC experts help you make it happen!
How Do I Choose the Right Contractor For My Heating and Cooling Needs?
Choosing the right heating cooling contractor can be difficult. Luckily, there are several important things a high-quality contractor should have:
- The Proper Licenses – Because it is easy to check a contractor’s licenses online, always do so before hiring heating and cooling repair contractors. This type of contractor will be specifically licensed in HVAC systems installation and specifically licensed to handle refrigerants.
- Estimates After Home Inspection – A proper air conditioning installation job involves more than simply putting a condenser outside and installing ducts. Your home needs to be thoroughly assessed and could require extra work to support the HVAC system. Only trust the estimates of a heating cooling contractor who inspects your home beforehand.
- Proper References in Your Community – An experienced contractor with happy customers will be able to offer you a few references. If they do not, move on.
- Provide All the Paperwork – Proper heating and cooling repair contractors will provide information in writing, including budget calculations and warranty information.
- Answer Questions – You want an experienced heating cooling contractor who is happy to answer any questions you have about the job carefully. The contractor should provide you with a start and end date as well as give you an itemized estimate of costs. They will also walk you through basic maintenance you should perform on your system to keep it running optimally. They should also leave maintenance manuals with you so you know what to do.
If you are looking for a trustworthy and experienced heating cooling contractor, the team at Trusted Home Contractors is happy to help!
How to Maintain a Heating and Cooling System
All air conditioning systems require maintenance to ensure it works well. Typical maintenance includes:
- Monthly – Each month check, inspect and replace any air filters if necessary. Clean filters will increase air flow as well as remove dust and many allergens from indoor air. You also want to ensure your air vents are not blocked by dust because it can reduce the efficiency of the HVAC system. You should also examine the condensate drain. Clear it if it is plugged.
- Every Spring – Once a year be sure to check the condenser for debris or damage. You should also run your system through a start cycle.
- Yearly – Each year it is important to have a heating cooling contractor properly inspect your system during an annual maintenance check. This will include the examination and repair of the electrical system, maintenance of the refrigerant levels, lubrication of any moving parts, replacement of worn parts and an examination of ductwork.
- Every Five to Seven Years – It is important to periodically discuss replacing your older system with a heating cooling contractor. Eventually all systems will wear out and need to be replaced. It could also save you money to replace your older system with a more energy efficient system than long term inefficiency and repair.
If you regularly maintain your HVAC system will enjoy years of indoor comfort. If you do not feel comfortable maintain your system yourself, the team at Trusted Home Contractors are happy to do it for you. We offer a range of heating and cooling services, from repairs to complete installation. HVAC systems can be confusing and difficult to repair or replace if you do not know what you are doing. With the team at Trusted Home Contractors, you can receive the best in HVAC repair and installation.