Kitchen remodels are among the most popular types of home improvement. It is estimated that the average kitchen remodel costs over $56,000. However, updating your kitchen does not have to cost a large amount of money. There are many budget friendly options for creating your dream kitchen, including:
- Having a Plan – Before you begin your remodeling project, have a comprehensive and detailed plan and budget. Research the best prices for the items you wish to buy, as well as reputable and affordable contractors. Having a plan will help you stay on budget and your timeline throughout the entire project.
- Buy What You Need – If you cannot afford to purchase new cabinets and your old ones are in great shape, consider re-facing or refurbishing them instead. This will save you a lot of money compared with purchasing new cabinets and having them installed. You can also purchase items over time, such as a new appliances, as your budget allows.
- Keep Old Flooring – If you decide to purchase new cabinets, consider keeping your old flooring and maintain the same cabinet configuration. However, if the existing flooring runs underneath your cabinets, then you have the option of a new cabinet configuration. You can always replace your old flooring later as your budget allows.
- Gut the Kitchen Yourself – Tearing out old cabinets or flooring may seem like a big job, but it is something most homeowners can handle. Doing some of the work yourself will help you save money. However, keep in close contact with your contractor so you can clear up any problems quickly.
- Be Thrifty with Finishes – Stone countertops and backsplashes are a pricey addition. If you cannot afford a brand new stone countertop right now, use an inexpensive laminate that looks like stone until you can afford the countertop you really want.
There are many easy and cost-effective solutions when trying to save money on a kitchen remodel. The team at Trusted Home Contractors are here to help. We can provide you with expert assistance in choosing the best options for your needs while also offering you skilled workers to ensure the job is done right. We are available to answer questions and help you get the biggest bang for your buck with your kitchen remodel. Contact us today and get help creating the kitchen of your dreams.