The kitchen is the heart of the home, prompting many to implement impressive designs and trendy features. Some of the most popular kitchen trends include:
Earth Friendly Options
Renewable and earth-friendly is all the rage in kitchen design. Some of the most trendy and environmentally options include:
- Sustainable Tabletops – Consider options that are formaldehyde-free and food-safe, such as natural stone or bamboo parquet butcher block.
- Wise Washing – Appliances can be environmentally friendly, too. Consider a dishwasher that is programmed to optimize heating cycles for greater efficiency.
- Safe Floor Surface – Linoleum is a thing of the past. Consider installing air quality-certified laminates for a green, healthy surfacing option.
High Tech Options
The kitchen now offers many wonders of the future, including:
- Multimedia ventilation hood featuring an LCD screen with options to watch your favorite cooking shows
- Many new refrigerators, including side-by-side models, offer “fresh” options with multiple cooling systems, and tech for keeping food odors from transferring to other foods. Some even allow you to chill drinks in minutes.
- If you enjoy a cool beverage, consider adding a low profile but highly functional wine or beer fridge. These small appliances can be added under a counter or in a cabinet and provide you with a beverage at the perfect temperature.
While stainless steel may never go out of style, many new appliances are available in a range of colors to add some spice and style to your kitchen. Another way to add color to your kitchen is through your cabinetry. Consider setting a specific area apart, such as an island or kitchen bar, with an alternative color. For example, if you have white cabinetry, make the island or bar a darker color.
In today’s worlds, convenience is a must. For those who are time-challenged, choose items that multi-task, including a “super sink.” This type of sink offers an array of accessories including a cutting board, colander and drain tray. This will allow you to speed up prep and cleanup as well as save counter space.
If you are looking to remodel your kitchen and need the help of a professional to add the latest trends and styles, the experts at Trusted Home Contractors are here to help. We stay up to date on the latest trends, technology and styles in kitchen design, and can help you implement the designs that will suit your needs and style.