Get Inspiration for your Next Roofing Installation Project
It is essential to keep a roof over your head. Let Trusted Home Contractors roofing experts help you make sure that roof is functional, attractive and sustainable!
Should I Repair or Replace My Roof?
At some point every homeowner will have to deal with a roofing issue. No matter how well laid, your roof will not last forever. When determining if you should repair or replace your roof, consider the following:
- Age – If you have a roof that is more than 20 years old, it is time to replace it. Most roofing shingles have a 20-year life expectancy. Because wear and tear can cause major damage to the home, it is important to replace an aged roof.
- Appearance – If you notice warped, curled or distorted shingles, it is likely time to replace your roof. You may also need to replace your roof if major leaking occurs. This is usually signaled by stains on the ceiling or the presence of water in the home. If you notice missing shingles or find shingles in your gutters or your yard, it is time to replace the roof.
As time goes by, you will eventually need to repair or replace your roof. When this time comes, turn to the trusted team at Trusted Home Contractors. We offer the services of highly experienced roofing contractors who will properly repair or install your roof.
If Replacing a Roof Expensive?
If you have a roof that is sturdy, but old, you may not want to replace it. Roofing installation costs vary depending on the size of the roof, type and location. However, average prices range between $4,000 and $25,000.
While it is certainly less expensive to repair a roof as opposed to replacing it, it may be worth spending the extra money to replace it anyway. The roofing industry has changed since your old roof was installed years ago. Today, technological advances offer roofing that can resist damage, fire, is environmentally friendly and can even cut insurance costs.
Though it may seem like a lot of money to install a new roof, there are many advantages to doing so that outweigh the expense. If you want to replace your roof, turn to the team at Trusted Home Contractors. We have the best certified commercial roofing contractors in your area who will make sure the job is done right.
Are There Different Types of Roofing?
There are many different styles of roofing that each offer advantages. When looking for the right type of roofing for your home, consider:
- Asphalt – It is estimated that 80 percent of roofs are covered with this type of durable and neutral shingle.
- Metal – While more expensive, metal roofing has been shown to last longer and be more resilient against weather.
- Plastic Polymer – This synthetic roofing style is durable and made to visually resemble wood or slate shingles.
- Clay Tile – Though this type of roofing is beautiful, fire resistant and durable, it is quite heavy.
- Slate – As one of the oldest roofing materials, this expensive option offers durability and resistance to wind and fire.
With such a wide range of roofing options to choose from, we recommend speaking with a trusted and experienced roof contractor at Trusted Home Contractors today. We can answer any questions you have about roofing options as well as offer information on installation.
How Do I Choose the Right Roofing For My Home?
When choosing the right type of roofing it is important to consider:
- How long the roof will last
- Durability during natural disasters
- Does the roof have enough slope
- Will the style of roofing complement the style of the home
- Is it eco-friendly and recyclable
- Is the type of roofing you choose allowed by local building codes
- How much does the roofing type cost
The team at Trusted Home Contractors is happy to offer roofing installation services for any type of roofing you choose. Simply contact us today and we can answer any questions you may have about the installation process.