Get Inspiration for your Next Electrical/Lighting Project
If you need an electrician for an electrical problem or a contractor to help install or repair home lighting, let Trusted Home Contractors get you what you need.
Are There Different Types of Lighting?
Lighting is an extremely important part of the home. From brilliantly-lit kitchens to softly-lit bedrooms, it is important to choose the right fixtures and placement for your lighting needs. There are many different types of lighting to choose from, including:
- Task Lighting – This special light source provides direct light in an area, such as on a desk or bedside table, for performing tasks like reading. Common locations for task lighting include the office, bathroom, stairwell, kitchen and garage. Task lighting can be a desk lamp or recessed lighting, depending on the need. Task lighting is a great option for workspaces because it offers contrast for your eyes to help you get the job done.
- Ambient Lighting – Ambient lighting is specially designed to provide a nice, even and diffused light source for filling a room. Ambient lighting is typically a fixture in the ceiling and the primary light source for rooms. Luckily, there are thousands of styles to choose from to fit any design preference. A popular new option includes a dimmer which gives you control over light and shadow as well as variety.
- Accent and Mood Lighting – If you want to create a nice mood with a specific type of lighting, consider accent or mood lighting options like table lamps.
Do you need to have new lighting options installed in your home? Then turn to the experienced team at Trusted Home Contractors. We will assign you an electrical contractor to help you find the right lighting solutions for your home’s lighting needs. We will also ensure that each option is properly installed so your home always shines brilliantly!
What Are Common Electrical Issues Homeowners Face?
Along with choosing the right lighting, you may also run into electrical problems. Luckily, we can offer the services of a skilled wiring contractor to ensure your home is properly lit. Some of the most common problems we encounter include:
- Patched Systems – Typically found in older homes, some electrical systems resemble a patchwork quilt with wires from the ’30s, a fusebox from the ’60s and outlets from the ’80s. Some homes may have also fallen victim to a do-it-yourself electrician who decided to cut corners and repair electrical issues himself. Any of these issues can cause major electrical problems and even pose fire risks to the home.
- Under Qualified Systems – Older homes, even those that are only 30 or 40 years old, may not have adequate wiring for modern appliances and electronics. If you experience blown fuses or notice a strain on the system, it is likely time for an upgrade.
- Meter Problems – If you notice sudden spikes or drops in your electric bill and you have not changed any of your usage habits, you could have a problem with your meter. Some meters are very old and may no longer be functioning properly and should be replaced to ensure you pay a fair price for your electrical use.
When you own a home you are invested in it. This means that problems with the electrical system should be taken seriously to protect your investment. When you experience any issues with your electrical system, call an experienced professional lighting contractor at Trusted Home Contractors. They will provide you with a thorough inspection and help you identify and fix any issues.